Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I Love My Holga!



I have quietly and humbly been pursuing a little side project for the last couple of years and that is working on a body photography to one day do something with- like maybe open another etsy shop. And I am to say happy that I am getting very close to this little goal! While I have been taking photos since yearbook class in high school it has been something that has continued to inspire me throughout my creative journey. Taking photos is a really great compliment to drawing and painting and has really helped me work on understanding of composition, color, lighting and design in my artwork.

I am lucky to have a nice little collection of cameras that I have slowly been accumulating through the years and latest addition this summer was a Holga that I finally made time to use over the holiday. I took a ton of pics (with all my cameras) but was most excited to see what came from the Holga! Today I picked up the photos from the lab- nothing like having to wait for film- I tore into the envelope and was really pleased to see that I did not ruin anything and actually got some very dreamy, retro and whimsical looking photos. Lets hear it for Holga!! Here are a couple of my favorites!













3 comments:

kittyj said...

Really cool!!! Can't wait to see more!

Cate said...

Holgas are too much fun, have had one for years, love it, love it, love it! these shots look great!

sofia's sketchbook said...

those are beautiful!!!!! very mysterious!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails